Today marks the day that ONE year ago, we made a phone call to our agency to find out about their international adoption programs. We had pursued domestic adoption for a couple of months and felt we had hit a wall in that search. I had just researched thoroughly to find a country in which our family qualified as a potential adopting family. Once again, I kept hitting walls.
Just when I was feeling a bit of despair, our adoption agency name was given to us by an acquaintance of a friend. She had just joined their Samoa pilot program. I called on March 26 to find out about their Samoa program. I wrote 2 pages of notes frantically as I tried to listen to all the good information that our agency was sharing.
As I got off the phone after at least 45 minutes of listening and asking questions, I felt a real peace about this agency. I also felt a real peace that God was directing our steps and that He would soon reveal the country that we would be adopting from. The walls we had encountered were merely doors shut by our Heavenly Father as He was guiding our footsteps. We just had to keep walking in faith.
And we did.
Keep praying with us that our embassy investigation will go SUPERSONIC fast (as a 3 year old in my Sunday School class likes to say) and that we will hear from them soon.
I am praying! God will always lead the way, but we have to be willing to open our eyes and ears to His voice. It makes my heart smile to see that you have raised above and beyond your matching grant! Praise the Lord....for His mercies endure forever!!!
ReplyDelete