So as I know firsthand the enormous financial cost of adopting and the struggles that so many families face to raise the money and pay for their adoption, I have been racking my brain to come up with ways that I can help others.
Exactly 10 years ago this month I was spending daily time typing my fingers away at my computer to make a family cookbook for my little sister's wedding. What was intended to be a small cookbook, turned into a huge cookbook. I put in almost all the family recipes of our childhood from our grandmothers and our mom and then added every recipe that I had tried and liked in the 7 years of my own marriage.
I have updated and added many recipes to my first edition and have just finished my 2nd edition, 10 years later. I am offering my cookbook to others in the adoption process as a fundraiser.
Here's how it works:
1. You must be in the process of an international or domestic adoption OR you must be fund raising for a friend who meets the criteria.
2. You must order at least 50 cookbooks at a time. You may pre-order or order after your requests & payments have come in.
3. You pay $8 per book, which is what it costs me to print them. I will ship them to you as a contribution from me, free of charge.
4. You charge $20 for each book (plus $5 shipping if not local). This is suggested but not set.
5. Allow me 7-10 days to process your order and have it printed.
6. Your responsibilities are to sell and distribute the books.
If you sell 50 books, then you pay me $400 and your profit is $600.
Here's a little bit about the book:
150 pages of recipes
316 recipes total
Full index and table of contents
spiral bound
heavy cardstock cover and dividers
all tried and true and tested by the Fish Family
So if you are adopting and want to use this as a fundraiser, just email me at timcassie at gmail dot com or leave a comment and we can begin. If you have a friend who is adopting, you are welcome to share this post with them or offer to sell them as a favor. They will LOVE you for it! If you want a cookbook but are not adopting, head over to my good friend's blog and order one. She is the first to sell them.
No comments:
Post a Comment