Friday, February 15, 2013

Silence is Hard

Last month we started telling folks that our boys would PROBABLY be coming home with the escort in February.  We really thought that - based on what we had seen happen in the past within our agency.

Little did we know that at the beginning of February we would receive news about a new adoption delay within the boys' country that might set us back a few months.  We still have not heard when our last embassy appointment will be.  It seems that the embassy is swamped with adoption requests.  After going through 2 weeks when I checked my emails about every 20 minutes in hopes to see an email from our agency with an embassy appointment, I've decided I must change my expectations.  At this point, I've resolved in my mind that it will be a few more months.  I can be an extremely patient person when I'm expected to wait, but when I anticipate to not wait, but then I have to wait, well.....you know when your kid wants your attention and taps you continuously....yep, that would be me.

Thank you all for asking about our boys.  Thank you for giving (Have you seen our matching grant gifts thermometer???  We are almost there!!!).  And most importantly, thank you for joining us in praying that they would come home quickly.

So today we thank the Lord that they have a loving foster home.  We thank the Lord for the cute photos we got this week showing them with shaved heads, white matching toddler jumpers, posing with one foot forward and hugging each other.  Too cute!  And while we wait, I'm taking advantage of incredible resources like Karyn Purvis and gleaning wisdom other families who have gone before us.  There's so much to learn!

"Patience is waiting.  Not passively waiting. That is laziness.  But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience."  Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment